Farideh Eskandari, M.D., M.H.S.
I have more than 10 years of experience in Endocrinology and Diabetes management and have a number of publications in medical journals.
I earned my M.D. degree from Shiraz University, Iran in 1989. I completed my Internal Medicine Residency at St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania in 1995 and then served as a Medical Chief Resident at St. Luke's Hospital for one year. I completed my Fellowship in Endocrinology and Diabetes at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia in 1998, and practiced as an Endocrinologist and Interim Chief, Section of Endocrinology & Diabetes at Benjamin Franklin Clinic, an affiliate of University of Pennsylvania for approximately two years. In late 2000, I joined National Institutes of Health as a Clinical Research Fellow, where we studied bone health, body fat distribution and metabolic parameters in premenopausal women suffering from depression. During this period, I also earned my master's degree in Health Science in Clinical Research from Duke University. In late 2004, I joined Case Western Reserve University Hospital as an assistant professor, where I was also involved as a co-investigator in ACCORD trial, an NIH sponsored multicenter study of effects of intensive glucose lowering in type 2 diabetes. I moved to Seattle in late 2007 and served as an endocrinologist at Virginia Mason Medical Center. In 2010, my family and I moved to Kirkland. I realized that there was a shortage of endocrinologist in this area and decided to establish my private practice where I could provide local comprehensive care in Endocrinology.
I am certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology & Diabetes by the American Board of Medicine.
My publications include:
- Eskandari, F. and Sternberg, E.M. (2002) Neural-Immune Interactions in Health and Disease (review); Annals of the New York; Academy of Sciences 966: 20-27
- Eskandari, F. and Sternberg, E.M. (2002); Neuroendocrine Mediators of Placebo Effects on Immunity (book chapter); The Science of the Placebo Book 169-182, British Medical Journal
- Eskandari, F. and Cizza, G. (2002); Cortisol, DHEA, the Holy Grail and the Fountain of Youth (editorial); Journal of Endocrinological Investigation 25: 753
- Eskandari, F. and Sternberg, E.M. (2003); Neuroimmunology (book chapter); The Dana Guide to Brain Health
- Eskandari, F. , Webster, J. and Sternberg E.M. (2003); Neural Immune Pathways and their Connection to Inflammatory Diseases (Review); Arthritis Research and Therapy 5: 251-265
- DeRijk, R.H., Eskandari, F. and Sternberg, E.M. (2004); Corticosteroid-Resistance in a Subpopulation of Multiple Sclerosis Patients as Measured by Ex Vivo Dexamethasone Inhibition of LPS Induced IL-6 Production (original study); Journal of Neuroimmunology 151(1-2): 180-188
- Eskandari, F. , Bidari, A. and Cizza, G. (2004); Stress, Aging, and Central Nervous System (book chapter); Encyclopedia of Endocrinology and Endocrine Diseases 320-324, Academic Press
- Cizza, G., Eskandari, F. , Mistry, S., Phillips, T. and Sternberg, E.M. (2004); Sweat Patch as a Novel Technology to Monitor the Activity of the Stress System: Potential Application for Studies Conducted in the Field (book chapter); Monitoring Metabolic Status 372-381, The National Academic Press
- Eskandari, F. , Mistry, S., Martinez, P. E., Torvik, S., et al. (2005); Younger, premenopausal women with major depressive disorder have more abdominal fat and increased serum levels of pro-thrombotic factors: Implications for greater cardiovascular risk (original study); Metabolism Clinical and Experimental 54: 918-924
- Marques-Deak, A., Cizza, G., Eskandari, F. , Torvik, S., et al. (2006); Measurement of cytokines in sweat patches and plasma in healthy women: Validation in a controlled study (original study); Journal of Immunological Methods 31; 315(1-2):99-109
- Eskandari, F., Martinez, P. E., Torvik, S., Phillips, T.M.,et al. (2007); Low bone mass in premenopausal women with depression (original study); Archives of Internal Medicine 26; 167 (21):2329-2336
- Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes Study Group, ACCORD Trial (June 2008); Effects of intensive glucose lowering in type 2 diabetes (original study); New England Journal of Medicine 12; 358(24):2545-2559
- Cizza G., Marques AH., Eskandari, F., Christie IC., et al. (Nov 2008); Elevated neuroimmune biomarkers in sweat patches and plasma of premenopausal women with major depressive disorder in remission (original study); Biological psychiatry 15; 64(10):907-911
- Cizza G., Eskandari, F. , Coyle M., Krishnamurthy P., et al. (Aug 2009); Plasma CRP levels in premenopausal women with major depression: a 12-month controlled study (original study); Hormone and Metabolic Research 41 (8):641-8
Copyright © 2010 Aria Endocrinology, LLC, All Rights Reserved.
Phone: 425-242-5412 Fax:425-242-5429